Plains Midstream – Nipisi Truck Terminal Expansion
Gas Liquids Engineering Ltd. (GLE) provided mechanical, civil, and structural design and construction support for storage capacity expansion to an existing truck terminal in Northwest Alberta. Project scope included:
- Two new API bulk storage tanks and related pumps
- 150,000 bbl and 130,000 bbl crude oil / condensate tanks fitted with floating roofs
- Two tank pads with a concrete dike, synthetic liner, and earth works to ensure proper drainage both inside and outside of the tank farm
- Sweet crude from existing tank will have option to flow into either of the new tanks, which require an expansion on the existing North/South pipe rack on the east side of the existing earthen berm
- New MCC building due to the large amounts of motors, pumps, heat tracing required. Designed to allow for future expansion.
- All motor operate valves, controls and instrumentation to facilitate complete remote control