Compression is the workhorse of the natural gas industry. Every gas processing and gathering facility incorporates some type of compression. Gas Liquids Engineering (GLE) has sized, procured and managed the fabrication and assembly of hundreds of compression systems ranging from small hp VRU and gas booster systems up to large natural gas engines exceeding 4500 hp and up to electric drive multi‑stage reciprocating compressors exceeding 7000 hp. This can range from the simplistic to complex multistage designs that include:
- Multi-stage reciprocating compression with pressures exceeding 28 MPa (4061 psi)
- Electric, diesel and gas drive options
- Turbine based systems with large aero derivative based turbines
- Vane, screw, and rotary lobe compression systems for natural gas, air, and other process gases
- Acid gas compression that require selected materials, highly engineered systems, complex control loops, and integrated process systems
- Gas recycle compressors for deethanizer/stabilizer overhead recycle compressors
- VRU and low pressure compression
- Compressor control system design, testing, operational training, commissioning and start-up
- Large hp screw compressors
- Revamps of used or older compression systems
GLE has worked on a large number of compression designs and has provided compression engineering and design guidance to a number of packagers. With direct shop and field experience in compression, GLE is considered a leader in compression systems design.
A large part of our compression design experience is based on integrating the owner’s needs into a cohesive, design that meets the facility requirements. From machine selection through to materials, controls, piping, vibration, and foundation design, GLE is able to provide a full service compression solution. Familiarity with API compression needs, differing manufacturers, shop and industry standards, and finally direct field experience, GLE is more than capable of delivering hp exactly to where it’s needed.
Our experience in compression is matched with years of experience in compression utility systems like exhaust gas, lube oil systems, jacket water management, process and compressor cooling in extreme environments, power management, and capacity management options.