With almost 30 years of hydrocarbon experience, Gas Liquids Engineering Ltd. (GLE) has worked on a large variety of enhanced oil recovery (EOR) projects, and employs industry-leading specialists.
EOR, also known as tertiary recovery, is the implementation of various techniques for increasing the amount of oil that can be extracted from an oil field. Typically 30 to 60 percent of the reservoir’s original oil-in-place can be extracted with EOR, compared with only 20 to 40 percent using primary and secondary recovery methods.
With a thorough process understanding of water and hydrocarbon systems, we have designed, audited, expanded and provided troubleshooting for a large number of enhanced oil recovery projects.
All these design scenarios can be completed by GLE with full integration into the plan utilities and control systems. Our range of enhanced oil recovery project expertise includes:
- Polymer Flood Facilities
- Water Flood Facilities
- Gas Injection
- CO2 Flood Facilities including processing, compression, dehydration, and recovery
- CO2 Pipelines
- CO2 Injection and WAG facilities
- CO2-water-hydrocarbon system properties, simulation, and thermodynamic modelling
- Avoidance of acids formation and reduced need for special construction materials
- Hydrate formation and avoidance
- Regulatory Requirements