Terado – Dimsdale Gas Storage Facility
Gas Liquids Engineering Ltd. (GLE) is undertaking the engineering, procurement, and construction management of the Terado Gas Storage Corporation Dimsdale Gas Storage Facility. Terado is converting the depleted Dimsdale Paddy ‘A’ Pool into a 2-cycle 85 BCF natural gas storage facility.
The system will be capable of injecting up to 2 BCF/d of sweet transmission quality natural gas into the reservoir for storage during periods of low natural gas demand (summer). The system will also be capable of withdrawing up to 1.2 BCF/d of gas from the reservoir, and returning it to the TransCanada Pipeline (TCPL) network during periods of high demand (winter).
The development will consist of:
- On-site central well drilling pad
- Eight (8) 5’ ID x 20’ S/S inlet separators
- 51000 hp of gas turbine driven centrifugal compression
- Four (4) 6’ x 50’ TEG dehydrator contactors, and associated 14MMBtu/h glycol regeneration system
- 36” pipeline from the plant site to the NGTL (Nova Gas Transmission Limited) tie-in location
The reservoir received Alberta Energy Regulatory Directive 65 approval for a Gas Storage Scheme in January 2014. The pipeline and facility regulatory process is currently underway, and pipeline acquisition process is complete.